Everyone asks us this question. The answer is: there is no secret, there are only good practices. Here are the best practices for improving your ranking in Google search results:
- Provide high quality content on your site. Google tries to find the best answer for our users’ requests; if you write the best material, you’re in the game. Use the Search Analytics report to see which queries lead to your pages, and what the click-through rate is for links to your site.
- Make your site mobile friendly. Many users search on mobile devices; our search results favor pages that we think answer the user’s request best with the best possible user experience on their platform.
- Use informative titles and snippets. Good, clear titles and accurate descriptions help us understand the purpose of a page and generate useful snippets in our search results. Learn more.
- Add structured data to enable additional search result features such as stars, event information, or site search boxes, which add to the user experience, making your site more valuable to readers.
- Make sure that you follow our guidelines for good sites and avoid pitfalls that could affect your search ratings.
*Copied from Google Search